1) I received a ticket, will taking Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School keep my rates from going up?
It varies by state, but in most states taking a Traffic School / Defensive Driving School masks a point on driving records and shall not be disclosed to any person, except a court and shall be used ONLY for statistical purposes.
2) What do I need to get started?
1.Driver's License #
2.Citation/Case # and/or Court letter
The price of our course varies from state to state, please start the sign up process and select your state it will show you the price of the course there or CLICK HERE.
3) What is the cost of Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School course?
4) What is the Dummies Traffic School best price guarantee, which competitive Traffic School / Defensive Driving School prices will you beat and how do I get it?
We will beat any Online Traffic School / Defensive Driving School regular course price with the basic delivery options for the county and court that issued the customers Traffic School / Defensive Driving School. This offer is only valid if customers call Dummies Traffic School before the execution of payment through our website. (The competitive Internet Traffic School / Defensive Driving School must be approved with the county and courthouse that issued the Traffic School / Defensive Driving School.)
5) Will you send my Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School certificate to the court for me?
In most cases yes, you can find this information on our sign up processes it is different for every state. This information is provided on page 2 on the sign up process.
6) Some States/Counties require identify verification; what are my options and fees?
You can find this information on our sign up processes it is different for every state. This information is provided on page 2 on the sign up process.
7) Are there any hidden fees that I should know about?
The only additional fee are to customers that received tickets in Counties that require an I.D. check (online I.D. check or notary public). All additional services such as CertVerify service, copy of completion certificate, and rush delivery services are optional. (more on those below)
8) Do I need to complete the Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School course within a certain amount of time after I sign up?
Yes, customers must complete the Dummies Traffic School course before the due date issued to them in order to receive credit for the course.
Your Traffic School / Defensive Driving School completion certificate is due on the due date.
We recommend that you complete the Traffic School / Defensive Driving School course at least 2 to 3 days before your due date. If you are faced with less time, you may want to contact the entity that issued the Traffic School / Defensive Driving School (courthouse, insurance company, DMV) and request an extension.
9) Is my Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School completion certificate due on the due date or do I just need to finish the course by that date?
Yes, you can still take our course although we strongly suggest that you call for an extension from your courthouse. We cannot give you an extension!
10) My Traffic School / Defensive Driving School certificate is due today. Can I still take your course?
Call your court. Most courts allow a onetime 30 day extension over the phone.
11) How do I get an extension for my Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School?
12) How long does it take to complete the Dummies Traffic School course?
California: NO TIMERS
Delaware: 3-6 hours
All other states: 6-8 hours
13) I travel a lot. Can I use any computer to access Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School?
Yes, you can use any computer anywhere in the world that can be connected to the internet.
14) Is it safe to use my credit card over the internet?
Yes. Dummies Traffic School has been verified & secured by GoDaddy a world renowned encryption service.
15) How long does it take for my Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School certificate to get delivered?
Certificate delivery varies from state to state, please start the sign up process, delivery information is provided on page 2 of the customer sign up process.
It's the customers responsibility to follow up with the court to insure their ticket has been cleared. Customers may also select our CertVerify service and we'll do the follow up for them. (see below)
16) Will your CertVerify service contact my courthouse to verify they have received and viewed my certificate, so I don't have to?
Yes, we are the first Traffic School / Defensive Driving School to offer this service, for only a $10.00 service fee, we will verify that the court has received and viewed your certificate of completion. Upon verification we will notify you by email.
We strongly recommend this service!
17) What if I need rush service and delivery for my Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School certificate?
Next Day Delivery cost $25.00
We'll rush process your completion certificate. Courses completed by 9:00am pacific standard time will be sent out that day. All courses completed after 9:00 am PST. Monday thru Friday will be sent out the following business day. Courses completed on nights & weekends pst will be sent out the upcoming business day (excluding holidays).
2Day Delivery cost $15.00
Courses completed on nights & weekends pst will be sent out the upcoming business day (excluding holidays).
18) I am a busy person. Do I have to complete the Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School course in one sitting?
No, that is what makes our program so popular. You can log in and log out as many times as you want.
19) What If I get interrupted and cannot finish?
Our system will automatically save your work after every quiz. This enables you to proceed at your own pace.
20) What is the layout of the Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School course, is it hard?
The course contains 11 short, easy-to-read chapters. Each chapter is followed by a short 5 question multiple choice quiz. When the quiz is passed, you will automatically move on to the next chapter.
Customers must pass the quizzes with a score of at least 70%. All quizzes can be re-taken as many times as necessary free of charge.
We stress the importance of the quizzes because all of the questions on the final exam are derived from the quizzes; also a CA DMV mandate allows customers only 2 tries to pass the final exam. If a passing grade (70%) is not obtained by the 2nd final exam attempt your account will be locked out and you’ll have to take traffic school again from the beginning.
Dummies Traffic School is always here to help! You can reach us by e-mail or phone Monday through Friday. We prefer contact by e-mail as this allows us to pull your records and answer your questions without keeping you on hold while we research your file. If you prefer to call, we are standing by, understand that there may be a short delay while we search your records. Please view our contacts page for our contact information.
21) What if I need help?
Rules vary by the state and county where you received your ticket. Call the court where your ticket was assigned if you are not sure.
22) I received another ticket. How often can I take Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School?
23) I already paid the court. Do I have to pay Dummies Traffic School / Defensive Driving School as well?
Each court charges a fee to allow you to attend a Traffic School / Defensive Driving School or home study program, this is a separate fee from our or any other schools fee. All traffic schools including classroom, home study, and internet courses will charge separate additional fees.
If you do not pay the fee to the court they will not accept your certificate of completion from us!
24) Are you affiliated with the court?
As an independently owned and operated entity, we have no affiliations with the courts or any government agency, and therefore cannot impose liability upon them. The courts and government entities cannot be held liable for any actions of Dummies Traffic School.com.